Sunday, September 30, 2012

Reminiscing About Childhood - Sunday Social

Sunday Social



Brought to you by Neely!

Since I'm sitting here at work watching roof and floor coatings dry I thought it would be fun to link up through Sunday Social.  This weeks topic is about our childhoods which is always a fun topic to reminisce about.  

This Weeks Questions:

1. What do you miss most about being a kid? I miss how everyday was about being with friends.  At school or daycare you were always just interacting with friends.  As an adult it takes a lot of effort and planning to have friend interactions.  

Here's me and my bestie, Nathan, striking a pose!

2. Did you have a nickname growing up? Oh yeah, about a million.  Here are a few: Leeds, Leesh, Scooter, Bevis, Smooch, Sissy, I'm sure there were more.




3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess? Me and my bestie, Ashley, were the best bar flippers ever.  We did all these fancy flips and swings and whatever they're called on the bars.  I still can't believe I could do that.  We thought we were so cool, oh wait, we were so cool.

4. What did you want to be when you grew up? Up until my Sophomore year in high school I wanted to be various things:  Marine Biologist, Elementary School Teacher, and Dentist.  Then Sophomore year after chatting with my Chemistry teach I decided, I'm going to be a Chemical Engineer.  And poof, that's what I did.  

5. What was your favorite toy? I remember popples, cabbage patch kids and pound puppies when I was younger.  Then I definitely got into barbies.


6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about? I used to do these insanely inappropriate impressions of Michael Jackson.  And, yes we have it on video.  I was reaching pretty deep in my naughty bits...  But, everybody egged me on, cause it was that funny.

Join in this Sunday social, it's fun to think back to those fun, happy times!