Saturday, August 4, 2012

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

Thanks to Kendra over at Adventures of Brad & Kendra, I was nominated for The Liebster Award.  Please if you haven't already, go check out her blog; she takes amazing photos and has great ideas!






 The Liebster Award is given to bloggers from fellow bloggers.  It is a great way to recognize smaller blogs; specifically those that have under 200 followers.  It's a way to show them some love, and to hopefully send some new followers their way and help them grow.


When you are nominated, you are to do each of the following:

  1. Tell 11 random facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you gave you to answer
  3. Choose up to 11 other awesome blogs to nominate for the award
  4. Come up with a list of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
My nominees (go check them out):
Sunny @ Sunny in Seattle
Susan @ Weekend Brunch in Seattle
Rachel @ The Fabulous Foodie



11 Random Facts about me:
  1. I hate salmon.  People I know think it’s a delicacy.  I grew up eating it weekly, thanks to my fisherman dad.  Now I dislike it.
  2. Although I try to go green, I still have to have paper in front of me for a lot of things at work.  I can only look at electricals and manuals on my computer for so long; I just have to print it and touch it.
  3. I like to smoke the occasional cigar, mostly with my cousin or my dad.  The next morning with an ashtray mouth is not good.
  4. I’m addicted to diet coke and butterfingers.
  5. I can’t handle unread emails.  I have to click on them to make them “read”.  Same with any icons on my phone.
  6. I miss Texas, not the heat but my independence and friends.
  7. Shuffleboard and bocce ball are my favorite games; such old people games.
  8. I buy new sunglasses every time I go out on a sunny day.  Both, because it’s not sunny very often and I break and lose everything.
  9. I’ve always wanted to work at a brewery.  Randomly I always wanted to be a barista back when I was in college.  Instead I worked at a boring old bank.
  10. I have really odd, vivid dreams where people morph into other people.  Bizarre!
  11. I collect nieces and nephewsJ  Not in a creepy sense.  I have an official niece, Chloe.  And Hunter, Lino and soon to be Landon who are the kids of my BFF’s and my cousins.  

11 Questions from Kendra:
  1. What is your favorite Olympic event?  Trampoline, because there is a winner named Dong Dong.
  2. If you had to eat only one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?  Red Thai Curry.  I think it has a well-balanced makeup, proteins, carbs, veggies.  I’m hoping I can vary the hotness depending on my mood.  Perhaps wishful thinking.
  3. What is the number one thing on your bucket list?  According to my blog bucket list, it is to travel to Germany on vacation (not for work). 
  4. What is your favorite meal to make?  Soft tacos.  Mostly because I love eating them and they’re easy.  You can also customize and make them in a variety of ways.
  5. What is the favorite thing you have posted about?  My posts about the Corks and Canvas events.  I’m addicted.  It feels so good to be artistic.  Not to mention that I love drinking wine.
  6.  What is your favorite TV show?  Chopped
  7. What is the best place you have ever vacationed?  Zihuantenejo, Mexico.  A fishing village, close to Ixtapa.  It is so laid back and there are no high rises.
  8. If you could meet somebody famous, who would you pick?  Bjork!  If I go to Iceland she better be there.
  9. What is your number one wish for your blog?  To meet some like-minded people.  Be able to bring interesting ideas and conversations to others.
  10. What is the best gift you have ever received?  It’s a tie between my Margaritaville margarita maker and my shenis.  I get to write my name in the snow!
  11.  If you had a weekend that was completely open with no responsibilities, how would you spend it?  Sounds like my every weekend.  I find something to do, a festival, a weekend trip, a comedy show, whatever.  I have some art projects and welding that I need to do but it’ll have to wait unit Fall I’m thinking.

11 Questions for my nominees:
  1. What is your favorite flash from the past as far as childhood memories?
  2. Why did you start your blog?
  3. What is your favorite movie and why?
  4. What would you buy right now if I handed you $100 dollars?
  5. What is your favorite way to spend a summer day?
  6. What is a hefty goal that you hope to accomplish in this lifetime?
  7. What is your favorite vacation spot, and your favorite activity to do while vacationing?
  8. What is your favorite food to cook and to eat out?
  9. What is the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
  10. What is the best prank that you pulled or had pulled on you?
  11. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?





3 comments:

  1. That was really nice of you to nominate me, thank you! :) I will do my best to pass it along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award!!

    Happy to have you as a new friend at Mom's Test Kitchen!! :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jaime! Excellent weekend filled with good food, good company and family time. No problem Sunny, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!