Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cave Man Kitchen–A Messy Feast

I drive by this mysterious hole in the wall that always has smoke exhausting from the top on a daily basis.  It always scared me a little bit, like a greasy spoon that is a little too greasy. Cave Man Kitchen is the place I’m referring to.

My dad was in the area for work last week and I invited him to stop by my plant for a tour.  Come to find out, he and his buddy were chowing down at this bbq joint.  Oh wait let me re-phrase, “We’re a Smoke House not a Barbecue Joint’, says their website.  My dad raved after eating there.  He didn’t even look at the menu, his friend just came out with armloads of food.  My dad has great taste, especially when it comes to smoked meat; he make a mean pulled pork and coleslaw.
I ordered the pulled pork sandwich, small baked beans, small coleslaw and a small fresh squeezed lemonade.
2012-08-23_13-23-09_6152012-08-23_13-24-39_885
Look at how messy that sandwich looks, and that is before I even touched it.  You better believe that sauce was everywhere, face, hands, and of course my shirt.  The food was amazing!  I can’t wait to go back.  There are so many options on the menu that I need to try:  corn on the cobb, bread pudding, some dinosaur sandwich (forget the name), turkey, and so much more.
2012-08-23_13-41-02_7962012-08-23_13-41-54_5222012-08-23_13-23-14_520
They were super slammed and the staff held it together and were amazingly accommodating and professional.  They even offered samples of the smoked salmon if you wanted to try ahead of your purchase.  It was a little pricey, but as you can see my sandwich was ginormous.  My entire meal was $12.66; which is a lot for lunch.  I am definitely hitting this place up again, heck it’s even in walking distance.
Owl

2 comments:

  1. I've driven past that place before but never gone. I was a little scared that it was too sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It looks so scary. They sell a chicken dinner to go, it's kind of neat.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!