Monday, July 23, 2012

Newbie blogger! Lots of deep breaths...

I've been wanting to start a blog for a while and now I understand why I kept putting it off.  There is a lot to learn, set-up and discover in order to get your blog off the ground.  Now, I know a ton of this is to do with the fact that I'm a perfectionist, a self proclaimed non-creative type, and not a writer.  I've been spending a whole week to just format everything and add appropriate links, etc.  And every time I preview it I find something else I don't like.  I guess it will be a work in progress, and I just have to tell myself that is okay.  I want to give a few shout-outs to the following people for inspiration, how-to's and guidance:

I have to warn you I'm not a writer.  I was once told the following by my high school friend: "Alicia, often times you do not speak proper English."  So just be warned, but hopefully it's not too awful.  In a world of "LOL" and people that don't know the difference between "you're" and "your" perhaps I'm being too hard on myself.

Ignorance at it's best.  And I'm just talking about sign making:)